This 3-in-1 study guide seeks to ensure Grade 11 learners are able to master the necessary skills in order to excel in their English Home Language studies.
This book, structured according to the CAPS curriculum, covers the following 4 skill areas:
- Listening and Speaking
- Reading and Viewing
- Writing and Presenting
- Language Structures and Conventions
For each of these areas, the study guide offers:
- Clear and comprehensive notes
- Skill-specific exercises with answers
Furthermore, the study guide provides two end-of-year Paper 1 sample exam papers and answers (DBE and IEB).
This learner-friendly study guide not only presents the Grade 11 English curriculum to the learner, but also carefully details how a year-end English mark is calculated.
The study guide aims to ensure learners can show a proficiency in:
- language in context – i.e. grammar, punctuation and comprehensions
- critical thinking – i.e. understanding and analysis of literature
- writing – whether it be creative, transactional or discursive.
Learners are exposed to a rich selection of texts to develop comprehension skills and to hone their critical-thinking abilities. They are also taken through explanations of the different kinds of oral assessment tasks that Grade 11 English HL learners are required to complete. In each case, the study guide provides clear guidance on how to approach assessment tasks in order to achieve high marks.