Oxford English Grammar: the essential guide is a grammar reference and practice book for Grade 8-12 learners. It is suitable for both English First Additional Language and English Home Language learners and can be used alongside any core English course. This practical guide can be used for reference, self-study, and consolidation practice.
• Key language concepts are explained in a logical order, which ensures learner progression.
• Examples of common mistakes, and how to correct them, help learners to avoid frequently made language errors.
• Exercises at more than one level for each concept ensure that learners build language skills in a scaffolded way.
• A resource section with annotated writing texts and other useful references can be used by learners for self-study.
• This guide will assist the English teacher in consolidating and expanding learners’ knowledge and use of language structures.
• A separate answer booklet is available as a reference for the teacher.