Marcus Rashford is famous worldwide for his skills both on-and-off the pitch – but before he was a Manchester United and England footballer, and long before he started his inspiring campaign to end child food poverty, he was just an average kid from Wythenshawe, South Manchester. Now, Marcus Rashford MBE wants to show YOU how to achieve your dreams, in this positive and inspiring guide-for-life.
No matter who you are and no matter where you come from, every single person in the world has the potential to be a champion. In You Are a Champion, the nation’s favourite footballer gives you the tools you need to reach your full potential, showing you how to be the very BEST version of yourself you can be. Written with journalist Carl Anka, this empowering guide is packed full of stories from Marcus’s own life, brilliant advice and top-tips from performance psychologist Katie Warriner. Perfect for readers who need to hear that they already are champions – they just might not know it yet.
It shows kids how to:
- Be comfortable with who you are – you can’t be a champion until you’re happy being you!
- Dream big
- Practise like a champion – good things take hard work and time
- Get out of your comfort zone and learn from your mistakes
- Navigate adversity in a positive way
- Find your team
- Use your voice and stand up for others
- Never stop learning